Those aches and pains you are experiencing after your car accident, injury or fall are an indication that the area has suffered damage. The majority of auto accident and injury victims are unaware of hidden injuries because at times medications are masking the pain. Pain-relief and anti-inflammatory medications provide excellent short-term pain-relief by blocking the production of pain-causing substances (prostaglandins). When an injury occurs, not only is tissue damaged, but also the injured area loses its integration with the rest of the body.
WHOLE BODY TREATMENT IS NECESSARY. Whole body treatment helps restore the integrity of your system. Untreated and/or poorly treated cases of general injuries and auto injuries can result in life long problems and suffering. Our goal at Innovative Healing Center is to optimize your recovery while minimizing long-term problems that can occur. Treatment of the whole body can identify and address both major and minor injuries that may have been overlooked, but still need to be treated. When a major impact occurs such as in a fall or an auto accident, often many injuries occur simultaneously, both large and small. If ignored, the pain may go away for a while but left untreated as the tissue heals scar tissue develops the damage will not heal correctly. Some soft tissue symptoms include:
· Muscle Stiffness
· Neck Pain
· Numbness and Tingling
· Low Back Pain
· Mid-Back Pain
· Difficulty Sleeping
· Sore and Achy Muscles
· Difficulty Concentrating
Do I need to seek treatment?
If you answer YES to any of the questions below, you may be suffering from a misalignment or dislocation due to an auto accident or injury.
1. Are you experiencing headaches, head and neck pains, stiff neck, muscle spasms?
2. Do you have restricted head motion?
3. Do you have equilibrium problems, loss of hearing, ringing in the ears?
4. Are you experiencing eyestrain, increased sensitivity to light?
5. Have you felt light-headed, excessively tired, or blacked out?
6. Have you had any neuralgia (nerve pain) or neuritis (nerve inflammation)?
7. Do you have cold hands or feet, or numbness of arms, hands, shoulders, feet, legs?
8. Are you experiencing periods of unexplained depression, anxiety, irritability?
9. Are you unable to concentrate, have poor memory?
10. Do you have pains between the shoulders, low-back pains, tremors, rapid heartbeat?
Symptoms of Whiplash
People who experience whiplash may report experiencing one or more symptoms. Symptoms can occur immediately after the accident, or may appear several days or even weeks later:
· Neck / Shoulder pain and stiffness
· Low back pain
· Sensations such as burning or “pins and needles”
· Poor sleep
· Difficulty with concentration or memory
· Dizziness / Light-headedness
· Pain or numbness in the arm and/or hand
· Ringing in the ears
· Blurred vision
Accident and Injury Treatment
At Dr. Yang Wellness Center, we are eminently qualified to assess any problem following tests and an examination. Once we have diagnosed your injuries, treatment may include acupuncture, chiropractic adjustments,rehabilitation, physiotherapy, electric stimulation, and other pain relief techniques. We tailor treatment specifically for you and your injuries, and best of all it feels so good. Our patients love the personalized attention and learning about the source of their discomfort. At Dr. Yang Wellness Center, we have the tools to diagnose your injuries and help you feel better as quickly as possible.